Monday, March 23, 2015

Once upon a time….

Once upon a time I tried my hand in a culture of passive existence. Here I was taught that it is noble to be submitting, illustrious to be complacent and living meant to sacrifice the self. But my dreams were lofty and I quickly became inept at non-living my life! Thus I did not belong!

Once upon a time I tried my hand in a culture of pretense. Here I was taught to mascaraed in costumes of an era that was gone, to sing hymns to Gods that I hid in my home, to live as a fish on land and attempt to climb a tree. But my heart that remained transparent protested and I quickly grew to despise me! And so I did not belong!

Once upon a time I tried my hand in a culture that allowed me to pick and choose. Here I was taught that I could enmesh opposites, blend in my difference, befriend those unlike me and live as if this life was the best. But now my soul got weary and sunk into the darkest of depths! Therefore I never belonged!

Time was of essence! The depths that I sunk into were deeper at the end! Masks had been blown off! What I saw was unpleasant! I feared! I panicked! I prayed!

Then I heard a voice that was clear- it said- why not you try and belong to yourself?
The options were none, companions not one, the path unheard of and the destination unknown! So I set out on a journey knowing that I may never come back home! There I belonged!

Along the path without a map, I discovered my self, my traits, my quirks, my passions and the richness within my soul! Now I was content within myself and it was safe to come back to my home. Surprisingly it was the very home I had carried with me everywhere! Here I belonged!


Once upon a time I succeeded in belonging to myself! Here I was taught that I was no different than anyone else, I suffer and I cause suffering, I heal and I’m a cause of healing, I laugh and cause laughter, I cry and I cause others to cry! So now I belong everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment