Tuesday, June 16, 2015

After the book!

The rhythmic sound of the expansive ocean extended as far as I could see.

The warm sands, the many seashells, the perfect sunshine and my margarita, incensed me with the desire to paint. To mix in yellow ochre, burnt umber and white, set it against the grey blue of the ocean and the bright blue of the endless sky, to bring in the dunes confined to the corners with an array of pale greens and to sprinkle my canvas with red, orange, yellow bathing suites, beach towels and umbrellas.

Of course I was ill prepared, equipped only with potato chips and canned margarita, so I covered my head with my hat and dipped in and out of a rest filled nap - as I watched my children play in the cold waters of this ancient ocean.

This trip was simple. No fanfare, no preparation, not even much expectation.

 As randomly as a breath of air, we picked this spot simply because it allowed the family dog upon the beach. Popeye was appreciative – he wagged his tail the whole time we were there. The roadside pizza that we had was unusually good – that was a bonus. The perfect day – well – what day is not if we imagine it to be so!

But there was one factor that made this extra special. It was the first weekend in over a year that I permitted myself relaxation.

The book is done, its published and released into the world.  The feeling of accomplishment came and went like all feelings do.

Its time to move on! Its time to be quiet and to spend more time alone – to once again feel open to life so that she can evolve me in the manner she wishes to. To once again permit experiences to sculpt me. To dust my hands, blow a kiss and retreat into life anonymous and undistinguished.

The moment has passed. The author who felt and expressed those many words is already captured inside the book. The truths in it are momentary truths that are relevant forever.

It is time to lie upon the warm sands of the quiet beach and listen to the new story shared by the open ocean!



No comments:

Post a Comment